The four GP practices in Rutland have made the difficult decision to not deliver the Covid Autumn booster vaccination programme. This was a complex decision based on availability of Practice resources including staff availability. To deliver the Covid vaccination this autumn, the practices would have to divert significant time away from routine appointments and services.
In addition, NHS England has significantly reduced the payments for Covid vaccinations which consequently effects the level of service that can be delivered without significantly impacting core services. The British Medical Association has stated ‘upon its own assessment that this [reduction in tariff] regrettably makes the delivery of the Covid vaccination programme financially unviable for practices and PCNs.’
Instead, the practices have chosen to focus on providing a successful flu vaccination programme with minimal disruption to other appointments and services for patients. Your GP practice will contact you to book your flu vaccination appointment.
There will be alternative vaccination sites that patients will be able to access for their Covid vaccination, including pharmacies and vaccination centres. All patients eligible for a Covid booster will be contacted by the NHS via SMS or letter. Once the Covid vaccinations are available, patients can book an appointment by calling 119 or visiting:
Care home and housebound patients will be vaccinated by local vaccination teams organised by Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland Integrated Care Board. They will contact you when they have organised vaccinations.
If you would like more information about the Covid autumn booster, including if you are eligible, please click the following link: Covid autumn booster vaccine 2023: Everything you need to know – Department of Health and Social Care Media Centre (blog.gov.uk)
Mr Pickfords and Rutland Late Night pharmacies are offering COVID vaccinations.
The mobile vaccination vehicle will be visiting some specific locations and touring some villages – the details are listed below.
- 29th & 30th Sept, 10am to 4pm – Oakham Enterprise Park
- 4th Oct, 10am to 4pm – Oakham Market
- 6th Oct, 10am to 4pm – Uppingham Market
- 31st Oct – Cottesmore Village Hall 9am to 12pm; Exton 1pm to 3pm; Market Overton Lodge Trust 3pm to 4pm
- 1st Nov – Ryhall Village Hall 10am to 12pm; Empingham White Horse Pub 1pm to 2pm
- 2nd Nov – Greetham Community Centre 10am to 12pm; Clipston Olive Branch Pub 1pm to 2pm; Stretton 2pm to 3pm; Thistleton 3pm to 4pm
- 3rd Nov – Ketton Library 9am to 11am; Edith Western 12pm to 2pm; North Luffenham 2pm to 3pm; South Luffenham 3pm to 4pm
- 6th Nov, 10am to 4pm – Rutland Catmose Council car park
- 28th Nov – Cottesmore Village Hall 9am to 12pm; Exton 1pm to 3pm; Market Overton Lodge Trust 3pm to 4pm
- 29th Nov – Ryhall Village Hall 10am to 12pm; Empingham White Horse Pub 1pm to 2pm
- 30th Nov – Greetham Community Centre 10am to 12pm; Clipston Olive Branch Pub 1pm to 2pm; Stretton 2pm to 3pm; Thistleton 3pm to 4pm
- 1st Dec – Ketton Library 9am to 11am; Edith Western 12pm to 2pm; North Luffenham 2pm to 3pm; South Luffenham 3pm to 4pm”